Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My HD 500X Configuration that makes everything simple.

tpawlowskis

What you'll need:
Pod HD floor unit
White electrical tape
Sharpie marker

See attached picture

I won't go into how to program the pod because there's tons of articles out there. Use google to find them.

I simply put my HD in FS 5-8 mode and make a single preset for each song. I labeled my pod for where I want my footswitch commands to be on each preset. I created a Stomp II and a Special stomp box for those songs that either need a different stomp besides my usual tube screamer or some wacky synthesizer effect.

My gripes with it:

Line 6 doesn't create enough DSP to use every foot switch as it's own effect block in my oppinion. Some may find it easier.

You can't A/B two dual amp setups in FS 5-8 configuration. This would have been nice to have for having dual clean and dual driven amps.

That's pretty much it

Use this technique to get a more pro feel to your board. Alot easier and less noobish than trying to synchronize 4 different amp setups and make them all sound like the same rig. The only reason I see why people go back to FS ABCD is when you need too many effects to fit into one patch.

post-749680-0-56699700-1445811593_thumb.png

Masking tape works much better.

I've tried several kinds of tape, and depending on temperature of gig, it can get baked on there. If that happens, easy removal of residue is to dip the corner of a folded paper towel in corn oil and rub it off.

Masking tape isn't quite as sticky as the others. So, yes, removal will be easier. 

But more importantly, the top surface of masking tape is perfect for writing on. Whereas electric tape, your marker will smear if you touch it before it drys (not all brands are created equal). 

And, of course, masking tape is always available in that same bland color at just about any store in the country. But electrical tape is not always found in white, nor is it available at every corner drug store or gas station. 

Plus, masking tape is cheaper. Which, isn't that big of an issue for most people. But when you are using it in bulk, such as every stage you step on to mark your cues, the price difference really adds up,

I just setup a basic setting with my volume and wag up front, then just change the amps and save each patch pet amp I want to use the same...

I always have my effects in the same place I would put them is I have them on the floor so I won't have to label them...

Consistency

Pedal 1 Dist or gain pedal, 2 mod, 3 mid or Delay, 4 reverb