Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing Presets on Amplifi 150

Deajo

Good morning,

Just purchased my Amplifi 150 and very happy with two of the preset channels.

I would like to change the other two presets to be something more to my liking.  Can I do this?

I have watched several videos on Youtube and they cover the features, uploading song tones etc but I can't find one that changes the default tones.

I admit I will likely just use the four channels exclusively and won't bother with the phone.  It is just a practice amp for me.  Once I get four tones I like locked in I will be fine.

John

PS.  The manual that comes with the Amplifi is the shortest one I have ever seen from Line 6.  I remember the Pilot Manual for my XT Live.  It was massive.

Uber Guru,

Can I assume from your answer that I can only modify the tone that is there? 

I found a few user tones from the Cloud that would work perfectly for me.  It already has the tone roughly eq'd and all the effects selected.  I was just curious if there was an easier way than writing everything down and editing the existing default presets.

I also bought the FBV Express MkII pedal but I haven't connected it yet.

Is there a video or a more detailed manual on how to access the 100 presets?  I must admit I only thought there were four available.

The possibilities are endless...

John

Okay, well I will admit that I skimmed over the manual pretty quickly at first.  I just went back and reread it.  It is all there.

I just downloaded the Factory Presets list.  Very handy.  I am still unsure how I switch between the presets within each bank...

I bought a floor model, and I think some of the paperwork was missing.  I know I didn't get the preset listing.

Thanks for the quick resonse Uber!  How do I switch between the presets on each bank without a phone?  Possible?

John

Thanks Jaguar.  Good to know.

So, back to my original question and Uber's answer.  How do I "Save to Hardware"?

Let's say I modify the four presets on Bank 1 to my liking, how do I save the settings so the new settings are present the next time I turn the amp on?

Thanks for everyone's patience.

John

If you're using the latest version of the app, load your tone and make your changes.  Then click Save/Publish button in the top right corner, and select "Store on Amplifi 150".  Then select the preset you want to overwrite (or there are 4 user preset slots that are empty by default), and press "Done"

IMG_0071.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Deajo,

I Couldn't help noticing you said you had got the 100 presets. Where are they? All I can find is the listing in the manuals section of the website. Any help appreciated.

I did find a listing of the 100 presets that come with the Amp. 

You can find it here:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/ampl/amplifipresets

Just click on the Factory Presets link.

I hope that helps!

John

An update on my progress.

The reason I was having trouble changing the presets as I had to update my App and Firmware on the amp.

New problem.  The app is very tempermental.  It keep dropping the Wifi link.

I have read the other threads.  I have updated to Version 2.50.2 and updated the amp as well.

Line 6...if you are listening.  It would be nice if we could hardwire a PC to change modify tones instead of relying on Wifi.

Instead of playing guitar this weekend, I was updating drivers and reconnecting again and again after the connection was dropped.

It was a bit frustrating.

On the plus side.  It sounds awesome.  Well worth it.  I just wish it wasn't so buggy.  If I can't iron out the Wifi issues, I will trade it in on a used Vetta or something else.

John

Update...I find the amp only drops the Wifi signal when I am switching tones under the "My Tones" tab.  If I switch 4 or 5 times, it stops switching and drops the connection.

It doesn't drop the connection if I stay under the saved tones on the amp.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Perhaps it's a memory issue?

Anyways, after a few very frustrating days I have decided to keep the amp.  The tones are incredible.  The learning curve is worth the trouble.  Thanks for everyone's help on the issues I was having.

Cheers,

John

• 1 year later...