Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EQ

cabomano

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cabomano,

When writing tones I usually always leave the EQ off. 9 out of 10 times I get the tone I'm looking for without it, or even when trying to match a tone to one from a song.. But there are times where I need a little something extra or need to take some things away from my overall tone, this is when I will utilize the EQ. 

The general rule of thumb when EQ'ing (from your guitar tone, to a song) is to take away what you don't want. With the EQ on Firehawk FX its laid out real nicely. Within the bass, mids, and highs of the overall tone, you can scroll through the spectrum of different frequencies and either raise its level to hear more of it, or lower its level to hear less of it.

As your ear develops this will become second nature to you.

Good luck and happy tone writing!  

Yeah as above really , sometimes I'll create a tone with headphones and then when I put it through a PA it will sound a bit boomy so I engage the eq to cut some of the low end, it's useful that way because if I use that tone to do some recording direct through the USB I don't need to fiddle with setting for ages I just need to turn off the eq block and it brings the low end back in