Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

bug: helix doesn´t always show and play the right levels!!!

rudomat

i worked a while on it now, but i´m pretty shure now that helix isn´t always showing and playing the right stored levels...

i´m using a volume/pan block at the end of the signal chain - right before the signal goes to my power amp (in 4CM of course....). i use it in gain mode and try to have every preset to recall at 0dB, so i store the preset in a 0dB position or go to 0 dB before storing, using the very left knob...i also store the unit to recall with the volume/pan block showing up, so i can control the actual parameters...in the controller assign menu, i store the min value of -120dB and the max value of +4dB, giving me the possibility to add a 4dB boost for solos...(are these actually really 4 dB boost what i´m hearing, or is it less...?)

now when i switch between two presets, sometimes the preset recalls with +4dB, which it shouldn´t, for i stored it at 0dB, right...? then after going somewhere else and then returning, it recalls at 0dB, as it should...i guess that´s not ok, isn´t it...?

and then again...some presets recall totally diffferent, and i also have no chance to make them do a 4dB boost with the pedal heal down...it´s acting like the pedal is not calibrated..

anyone else with such problems...?

can i  actually set the unit, so it recalls the actual state of the volume pedal when i change presets...?

i´m getting a little frustrated at the moment...have the feeling, this unit isn´t really ready by now...

Right now, this is how the expression pedal and controller functions work. When you call up a preset, the value you're controlling goes to whatever it was when you saved the preset. It doesn't reflect the position of the pedal. This is different than how previous Line 6 products worked. Digital Igloo has said it will be changed to user-selectable setting in some upcoming firmware revision.

Right now, this is how the expression pedal and controller functions work. When you call up a preset, the value you're controlling goes to whatever it was when you saved the preset...

...now that´s what i thought...now i must say, this doesn´t really work constantly, so i´d guess that´s a bug....;-(

as i said...sometimes, when i recall the preset, it comes with 0dB, sometimes with +4dB f.e...