Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copy Model pack to another unit?

vatch23

Hello, Im quite new to this Podding after years of using different tubeamps. However, they are getting too valuable to haul around so I decided to try the digital way. My question is: how do I move or copy the Bass Extension Model Pack from an X3live to an XTPro? There must be a way.

vatch23

If you purchased the model packs in the past (for an XT or Pod Farm) you are good to go. L6 License Manager to authorize the XT. If you never bought them, you will have to. The XT Pro has a few included already - you should see them at boot time. Power Pack, FX junkie IIRC.

The X3 has the packs built in - so a direct model pack transfer is not going to ever happen AFAIK.

-B

Yes right, I bought both units, one XT pro and one X3 lIve and the X3 Live got the Bass Extension pack with the Alchemist simulation (Alembic F2- B) which is the only one I want to use. But the XT pro doesnt have that pack, I figured since I bought both machines the software in them are allready paid for by me and I should be able to do with it as I please which in this case means copy that sim from the X3 Live to the XT Pro. I mean I didnt buy that pack separately but I paid for it when I bought the X3 Live. So how do I get it to the XT Pro.

... I mean I didnt buy that pack separately but I paid for it when I bought the X3 Live. So how do I get it to the XT Pro.

Technically you did not buy the pack. You bought the X3 device and got the pack for free - a gift with the restriction that it will only run with an X3 device. You will have to purchase the pack for the XT.

(Please don't shoot the messenger.)