Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So long for the indestructability of Helix....

tommasi

Today while I was setting it up for the update, it fell from a foot high stool. It fell with the back connectors against a table leg. See picture: one of the little "crowns", the one around the exp3 connector, shattered and broke off.

post-1129-0-85581600-1449862326_thumb.jpg

Admittedly, a fairly minor issue -- the plastic on those things is pretty weak, though. Can anybody suggest how to get a replacement? Don't even know the name for those things...

Yep, found those nuts for cheap and ordered a few -- both the neutrik and the cliffs will do, but they are a little different from the original ones, that have those little recesses... You know, in case of a resale... :) These will do nicely for the moment, I'm curious if anyone can locate the exact ones, if available at all. 

Another good reason to have an editor. ;)

Absolutely, though in fairness I was updating the unit, so in this case it wouldn't have made a difference... it was on a stool due to the USB cable not being long enough to reach the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, though in fairness I was updating the unit, so in this case it wouldn't have made a difference... it was on a stool due to the USB cable not being long enough to reach the computer.

I have run an extra long USB cable from my Mac to where my Helix sits in my office. Unfortunately, I have to unplug any other USB devices that I typically keep plugged in to get my Helix and the Helix app to work together. Might be worth grabbing a cheap USB cable up that would be the necessary length to allow you to keep the Helix on the floor.