Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connection to PC causing sound issues

SaltyRum

When I connect my Amplifi 75 to record on the PC via USB the sound quality reduces creating a crackling like noise.  Even when I press the test button on the playback devices (when you right click on the speaker icon on the desktop) it crackles.

I thought it might be due to using an old USB cable but it's fine through the ancient UX2 that I have.

Any ideas?

• 10 months later...

I am having the same issue. tried several usb cables and setting changes. I am convinced this is a firmware issue. My Bass pod pro works perfectly though the same inteface in trying the Amplifi 150 on.  It would be really nice to get an official comment from line 6 on this issue.

I am having the same problem.  Running a Windows 10 computer, my Amplifi TT makes clicks and crackling noises when I record via USB. My Pod XT Live can be used to record using the same USB cable, and the same USB port without this issue.  I have tried updating the firmware on my Amplifi TT, and installing the latest software and drivers.  No luck.  Anyone have any insight on this?  

Have you tried unplugging everything else that is tied to a USB port or hub (except AmpliFi, keyboard and mouse, of course) and see if the crackling stops? If it does, then start adding your USB devices back one at a time until the crackling resumes, then you have the culprit.

I have a Helix and a TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3x connected at the same time on my computer (I know, different setup, but same principle) and both the VoiceLive and the Helix feed into an L2T. If I have both on at the same time, I hear crackling noise on the L2T, but if I unplug or power off the VoiceLive *or* the Helix, crackling stops. Apparently my computer does not like both devices on at the same time (I suspect a ground loop between them).

Also, if you have the AmpliFi going into the USB port via a hub, try to go straight into the USB port, as some recording interfaces hate USB hubs.