Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SpiderValve mkii HD 100 wah volume way too loud

Stormtrooper12

Haven't used this beast in a while. Went to try it out yesterday and was having some fun with the 14 second quick loop. Just basic stuff like the chord progressions in Sweet Child In Time by Deep Purple and Blue Jean Blues by ZZ-Top

14 seconds doesn't allow for much else haha.

Anyways I had some cool tones going on and some solo-ing etc and every time I engaged the wah for some extra spazmatic bliss the thing would almost blow your head off with the volume level increase.

I skimmed through the manual online and it doesn't mention much, if anything, about adjustments that I could see. In edit mode it just looked like you could switch from the Vetta wah to something else.

Glenn DeLaune even mentions in one of his new Helix videos how the wah volumes were always set extremely high compared to the patch volume in previous POD units and such.

Any ideas anyone? Cheers

Don't have one, but does the SV have "amp vol" settings and "master vol" settings for the patches?. Usually I've found that engaging the Wah disengages the volume pedal (on a lot of multiFX defaults to 100% vol) causing the big bamn! :)

Might be something to look at until someone who knows pops by.

• Upvote 1

I just tried it on my SV Mkii 212 (same preamp electronics as HD100). I used a FBV Mkii. Loop routing set on POST. Created a loop, overdubbed it with different preset tones while adding Wah. Volumes were all good with or without Wah, Clean, Dirty, etc.. However, I do set my VOL Min and Max to 100 on all patches (effectively disabling volume changes for the pedal). There's no other LOOPER mix settings I could find (unlike on POD HD). Hopefully this information will help you narrow down the problem. Maybe the patch you change to is just louder than the one used on the initial loop?

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, good info. And yes Napy the patch volume might be slightly higher on the lead patch I selected. Oddly enough I was watching some gear videos on Youtube and I saw a bunch of "SpiderValve Mkii edit" videos sitting there in the recommended section from longtime Line 6 user and fan Rowbinet.

Seeing the computer editor page for the SV amp it showed wah values (volume) which what looks like can be set on a per patch basis. That's the thing I couldn't find on the amp editor itself.

So I guess I'll have to hook the amp to my PC when I get my floorboard back that I lent to a friend and make the adjustments from there. Cheers for the help.