Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

Transfer patches from one amp to another

I have two Spider IV 150 HDs, one I use, the other I have in case I blow the first one up. I want to maintain compatibility between the user presets (the patches I wrote and assigned) from one amp to the other. I've seen people mention Spider IV Edit and customtone. Is this possible, to "port" the settings from one to another, I'm thinking upload and download? If so, will you please point me to the documentation and/or firmware that facilitates this? Thanks.

You need an FBV MKII control pedal - either the Express or the Shortboard.  This allows communication between the amp and your computer.

In Spider Edit (software), you can save your User Patches to a file in your computer.  Then disconnect amp 1, connect amp 2, and load the patches into it with Spider Edit.

What about transfering presets from a Line 6 Spider IV amp to the new Spider V models?  I have the FBV Shortboard MKII Guitar Footswitch.

Hi Corno, no, Spider 4 and 5 tone settings are not interchangeable - the modeling is different.