Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L6 Link Is Changing Hd500x Output Mode When Connected.

Hoagie7

HD500x output mode is set to "COMBO PWR AMP" which should be a global setting right? If I plug my DT25 head into it via the L6 connection, in switches to "STACK PWR AMP" I can't find any info on this and not shure if its something simple, but everything is updated, so any suggestions?

its always going to do that.... by design as phil suggests...

the primary difference between stack vs combo

is stack=closed back 

and combo=open back

in a general sense, it's making adjustments to accommodate those common scenarios.

HD500x output mode is set to "COMBO PWR AMP" which should be a global setting right? If I plug my DT25 head into it via the L6 connection, in switches to "STACK PWR AMP" I can't find any info on this and not shure if its something simple, but everything is updated, so any suggestions?

I also have HD 400 and once set to Combo, It stays there and does not change even if I plug and unplug the L6 link to the dt25 which is what I want since I'm usiing a 2/12 open back Orange cabinet. So the HD400 stays on COMBO AMP when connected, (which is what I want) but the HD500x changes back to STACK, (I'd like it to stay on Combo) Seems like a flaw. If thats the case, then I have to change it to combo everytime it's powerd on. That seems to be wrong because Stack doesn't sound as good (thin) as Combo. I understand it defaults to STUDIO when plugged into headphones, but not default to STACK when plugged into DT25. At least the HD400 handles it correctly.

Well, whether or not it works the way you want it to, I'm sure it's per design. I'm sure the thought process was that if you plug into the DT-25 head, you'll most likely be using the matching cab, which is closed back, or some other closed back cabinet. Of course, there is the chance that someone might want to use an open back cab. You just have to make the change manually. If you plug into the DT-25 combo, the HD500 goes to Combo Front mode.