Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Odd problem with toe switch

jaredstanfield

I'm using my exp 2 for the control of my reverb mix level, which is very handy. However, whenever I click the toe pedal to switch expression pedals, my amp unit block and volume pedal block get bypassed. Weirdest quirk. I've gone through the settings to try and find where the toe pedal may be assigned to bypass anything and there's nothing to be found. Might this be a bug? Or am I missing something simple?

EDIT: My apologies to the mods. Just found the issue. Instead of looking in controllers or command center, it was under foot switches. Very sorry!

• 5 years later...

Hi Jared,

Check this:

Click the MENU button (Three horizontal lines on the upper left corner, just above the PRESET knob.

Highlight the affected effect block (one at a time) - in your case, the amp block. Under the big window that shows your effects chain, click down on the first small knob. (It should be showing "BYPASS ASSIGN."  Now, make sure it's set to 'NONE." (It is probably showing "TOE SWITCH")  Save your patch.  That should take care of the amp disappearing problem.

As for the volume pedal, when you toggle the toe switch, now the onboard expression pedal is EXP 1.  So, you will have to add another volume pedal in your effects chain - make sure it's the highlighted effect block - and again, click the MENU button.  Now, click down on the second small knob - you will see it's labeled "CONTROLLER ASSIGN" - and set it to EXP 1 by rotating it to the right just one notch.  Save your patch again.  Now, if your new volume control you just added is near the original one that is controlled by EXP 2, it should act in an identical fashion.  *TIP: It's most musically useful to set the CURVE parameter of the volume pedal from LINEAR to LOGARITHMIC.

Let us know how you fare.

7 hours ago, dadonaldd said:

Let us know how you fare.

You might be in for quite a long wait.

You have resurrected a single post made way back in 2016, and it appears that the OP had already solved the issue. If you check the guy’s profile, you would note that the last visit he made to the forum was in January 2021, but his last contribution was I’m May 2018.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

@datacommando,

Did you notice that nobody had answered?  My answer might help someone.  Sure, he figured it out, but that doesn't really help anyone that searches the forum with a similar issue.  It cost me nothing but two minutes of typing to answer him. 

Didn't hurt a soul for me to post an answer.  The more content these types of fora have, the more searchable data, which MIGHT translate into a solved problem for SOMEONE.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dadonaldd said:

Did you notice that nobody had answered?

Sure did, and that was the reason I said - “You might be in for quite a long wait”, as you had directed your response specifically to the OP.

9 hours ago, dadonaldd said:

My answer might help someone.

I cannot fault you on that - it definitely might assist other users.