Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Faulty Hd500? Please Help!

MarioJr64

Hello, 

I came to receive my new Pod Hd500 today after a very long torturous wait over the weekend. I was very excited, but when I plugged it in for the first time... the screen hung on the logo. I figured it was probably taking a little longer as it was the first time booting, but nope. I waited a solid 20 minutes and nothing happened, so I was forced to unplug it. Upon switching it on, everything started normally and was fully functional. The first thing I did was connect it to my mac and update it, which was successful.

I played with it awhile and then powered off. The next time I switched it on, however, the same thing happened: froze on the logo. This is not to be confused with the looping logo where global resets fix things. Again, powering off/on fixed it, but I was not amused at this point.

Later on, I powered off to go have supper... again, after powering on, it hung on the logo, only this time powering off/on did not fix it. It took FIVE attempts before everything booted properly.

There has been the odd occasion where it has booted first time, but this tells me that it is extremely unreliable if you were to gig with it.

Please help me with this problem; I have searched all over the net to find a fix but have been unsuccessful. If my Pod is truly faulty, then please let me know the best ways to go about replacing it, if need be. I would rather we ran ourselves dry with possible fixes before I have to go to the hassle of boxing everything up and sending it, possibly with a large postage fee. 

What went from extreme excitement quickly u-turned into utter disappointment. 

Thank you in advance.

Note: I have already tried a global reset.

I haven't heard of this before, so it definitely looks like a hardware fault to me. It's some sort of intermittent problem like a bad connection or a dry solder joint, Either way, I'd be swapping it for another one. You could try calling the Line 6 support line. They're very helpful, but I would imagine they're going to tell you to send it back.

Yes, Try to reset the global settings of the POD HD500.

Press and hold the Left Arrow button on the 4 Way Nav as you power on the POD HD500.  This reset resets the global settings back to factory defaults and also renames the Set Lists to factory as well.  NOTE:  This DOES NOT reset the presets of the POD HD500.  That requires re-installing the flash memory using Line 6 Monkey. (Same as Factory Reset above.)

Sorry for the late reply.

I've decided to send it back for a replacement. When I called the technical support at the place where I bought it, they said there was definitely a problem and it is not right.

I will have to wait even longer to get my hands on the Pod, but I am happy to do that to be sure that the next one that arrives will be in perfect working order.

Thanks for your help!

so you're telling me 2 people read the post and missed, "note: i have already tried a global reset." actually

this happened before where someone wrote something then either removed or added to the post. i read your post a couple of times before i asked if you had tried a reset. maybe you did perform a global reset. but that last statement wasn't there when i posted. hence. i didn't suggest a reset. i asked if you tried one, since it wasn't clear that you had by your statement,

"This is not to be confused with the looping logo where global resets fix things." no big deal

Very weird, as I am 100% sure that statement was included in my post the moment I created the thread.

Perhaps it was a first post bug or something of that nature? I am sure you would not have missed it, but I am also sure it was there from the start. A bug seems the only reasonable possibility. Thanks for attempting to help me, anyway; much appreciated.

I'll let you guys know how my new Pod goes once it arrives.  :)