Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Little help with my HD Pro X in Cubase please?

MetalScar

Hi,

It's my first post here so sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm just struggling to figure out a couple of things. I've got it hooked up via USB to the PC, no other hardware, and not sure if it's an issue with Cubase Elements 8, the Pro X or me being a moron... fairly sure it'll be the latter!

First off - I can only seem to get playback through the unit itself when using Cubase, can't seem to find a way to playback through the speakers that are plugged into the PC. Not an issue while recording but means I can't playback to multiple people without plugging my speakers into the phones port at the front first.

Secondly - how do I set it up to record a dry track at the same time as the main one please?

Thanks in advance for the help and to Line 6 for such a great product - mind blown (especially considering I managed to find it as-new for £250, what a steal!)

When your POD HD is connected to your computer it becomes your computer's soundcard. Your internal computer soundcard, and the computer's speaker connections are bypassed. You need to connect your speakers to the POD outputs to hear the sound. That's normal.

Here's a preset designed to record a wet and dry track simultaneously. It was designed for the HD500; you can load it into HDPROX Edit if you change its file extension. You may also need to change the Inputs.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/217206/

Re. Cubase, IIRC, if you have an interface that can record more than one channel at a time, you should be able to record a dry track at the same time as an effected track from your POD, if it has a "dry" / un-effected output. I am unsure whether you can do this from the POD's USB connection.

Alternatively, you could always cheat, and simply copy your first guitar track onto a new track, allowing you to pan one left & the other right.