Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm bad... I must confess...

glideman

Go for it. Get a Kemper too if you can.

It's no different to buying say a Mesa, Marshall and an Engl for the same money.

They all are different and have strengths and weaknesses.

I currently have 10 valve amps, and the Helix.

I'll post some updates once it comes in. I had gotten rid of some "junk" out the garage and music room, so I decided to put the extra cash to good use.

I needed a backup pedal to the Helix anyway, so I figured why not have the main competitor... LoL! I had the Axe II XL+ and the Kemper rack. Liked them both but just got tired of the separate pedalboard and rack.

I figure this way, I'll keep one in the studio and one on the road. If I get tired of one, they swap up for awhile. We all know guitarists never swap toys like their underwear... Haha!

Just to play devils advocate, and this is from someone who would value a 'retail addiction' support group for such things. Before the Axe gets beyond the return date, return and get your money back (or, gulp the Helix). I've done things like that so many times, convinced myself of the practical application (the $1400 backup solution) and then a year down the line realized that the thing is gathering dust. Unless you're one of the rare few with lots of time and interest you simply won't spend the time creating a certain preset sound on one then going back and replicating on the other. And the more time you spend distracted from one the less time you are spending becoming an expert in it and truly committing it to muscle memory (always envious of my friends who just stick with a single solution and know it cold).

Of course, take my advice with a pinch of salt, worse things in the world than having two awesome toys. But just do consider if you bought it because you really needed it and will really use it, or you got the invitation to buy and the temptation was too much. If the latter,now is the window to potentially avoid that 'Jesus that was a mistake' feeling two months from now when the new smell and package opening is a long distant memory.

I know I know, buzz kill post for sure but intentions are good.

LoL! Nah, I'll actually use both. One will probably live in my studio and my drummer's professional studio for session work... I would have kept the axe II or the Kemper for that, but I want my backup as a single pedal.