Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT LIVE to POD HD500 - Model packs

No, they will not. The XT series and the HD series are two different platform with different modeling architectures. The model packs you bought for the XT Live could be transferred to another device or plug-in from the list here, but not to anything from the HD series.

Having done that exact transition last month (xt Live to HD500x), you can't use the XT Packs on the HD.

However, the HD does sound a lot better than the XT (I still have my old faithful "bean" XT), and there was a "flash" sale recently on the HD Expansion Packs.

I thought the same thing but I still dig out the XT Live and actually used it at some gigs last year - it still sounds good, Besides I have had them for quite a while and have gotten more than enough use. Have a toneport authorize it to use the packs for Pod Farm, get a spare XT. Its all good. I have probably wasted more money on Windows OS over the years. :D

You can try and sell the packs - only glitch is if you got them on sale. Reason "you cannot gift the triple pack if bought on sale <- I think.

Depending on the amp & cab models used of course, you can always fire up the XT & Line6 Edit and the HD500x & HD500x Edit and simply "copy" your settings over onto the HD500x (assuming that is you have 2 USB cables & 2 USB ports available).

It might take a bit longer than doing it with a few clicks of the mouse, but it could be a worthy experiment to see if the XT's settings sound just as good on the HD.