Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Moving or Re-Assigning Snapshots ???

ncockerill

Hey folks!!!

Just downloaded a great patch.  Only problem for me is how the Snapshots are assigned to the footswitches.  Quick explanation.  I have a very specific way I build all my presets.  That is, I use 4 snapshots (numbered 1-4) across the bottom row of footswitches (and then stomps on the upper row).  They are always set up like this:

Snapshot 1  -->   Clean

Snapshot 2  -->  BreakUp

Snapshot 3  -->  Crunch

Snapshot 4  -->   Lead 

So, my snapshots get more aggressive with more gain, delay, etc from left to right. This new patch I downloaded is really great, but it’s actually built in reverse of my standard logic.  That is:

Snapshot 1  -->  Lead 

Snapshot 2  -->  Crunch

Snapshot 3  -->  BreakUp 

Snapshot 4  -->  Clean 

How can I reassign (essentially re-order) the snapshots in this new patch to fit my paradigm?  Some way to use unused snapshots 5-8 as a placeholder during reassignment?

• Upvote 1

How can I reassign (essentially re-order) the snapshots in this new patch to fit my paradigm? Some way to use unused snapshots 5-8 as a placeholder during reassignment?

If you left-click on the camera icon in the top left corner of the Editor it will allow you to copy a snapshot, select the snapshot number you want to copy to in the pulldown menu to the right and then go back to the camera icon to paste. So you could use 5-8 or any unused snapshot location as placeholders to move the ones you want to rearrange using the Editor. I don't know of any way to directly swap using the Editor however and there is no reference to it in the "Helix Application Pilot's Guide". The simplest way to swap right now does appear to be the simultaneous touch on the Helix footswitches.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/30/2022 at 1:09 PM, hillbilly92 said:

How do I copy one snapshot from one patch to another patch to put into an empty snapshot block?

If you are talking about copying a snapshot from one preset to another, you can't do that. The blocks may be, and frequently are, different from preset to preset so that action is simply disallowed. Even if the target preset has exactly the same blocks.

• Upvote 1