Sign in to follow this  
ncockerill

Moving or Re-Assigning Snapshots ???

Hey folks!!!

Just downloaded a great patch.  Only problem for me is how the Snapshots are assigned to the footswitches.  Quick explanation.  I have a very specific way I build all my presets.  That is, I use 4 snapshots (numbered 1-4) across the bottom row of footswitches (and then stomps on the upper row).  They are always set up like this:

Snapshot 1  -->   Clean

Snapshot 2  -->  BreakUp

Snapshot 3  -->  Crunch

Snapshot 4  -->   Lead 

So, my snapshots get more aggressive with more gain, delay, etc from left to right. This new patch I downloaded is really great, but it’s actually built in reverse of my standard logic.  That is:

Snapshot 1  -->  Lead 

Snapshot 2  -->  Crunch

Snapshot 3  -->  BreakUp 

Snapshot 4  -->  Clean 

How can I reassign (essentially re-order) the snapshots in this new patch to fit my paradigm?  Some way to use unused snapshots 5-8 as a placeholder during reassignment?

• Upvote 1

Many times I've pondered this, never have figured it out. Good question and I hope someone has a good answer!

Touch, don't press, any two snapshot footswitches, and Helix will offer to swap them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You can swap and copy snapshots with touch and hold procedure (at least on the floor Helix). It's in the manual, I believe. I've done it many times.

Dave

Thanks!!!   OMG -- I've used that exact procedure a lot to swap footswitch assignments on individual effect blocks, but it never dawned on me to try it with snapshots.  It works,    And I.......am a dummy.   

You're not a dummy. Helix is just unexpectedly smart sometimes, the kind of smart that makes you say, oh yeah, now that I think about it, it makes sense it'd do that.

How can I reassign (essentially re-order) the snapshots in this new patch to fit my paradigm? Some way to use unused snapshots 5-8 as a placeholder during reassignment?

If you left-click on the camera icon in the top left corner of the Editor it will allow you to copy a snapshot, select the snapshot number you want to copy to in the pulldown menu to the right and then go back to the camera icon to paste. So you could use 5-8 or any unused snapshot location as placeholders to move the ones you want to rearrange using the Editor. I don't know of any way to directly swap using the Editor however and there is no reference to it in the "Helix Application Pilot's Guide". The simplest way to swap right now does appear to be the simultaneous touch on the Helix footswitches.

Touch, don't press, any two snapshot footswitches, and Helix will offer to swap them.

Thanks, that sorted out my problem too!

when in snapshot mode on the controller, lightly touch 2 footswitches to swap.  ie 4 to 1, 5 to 1.  then resave the preset to another slot and the default preset will be what you switched it to