Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor constantly crashes

SvenMagnus

So my Helix Rack came in today! Very cool, love it so far.

What I don't like is that the editor constantly crashes...

First thing I did was update my device to the latest version. The editor is also the latest version.

Can't really find a pattern to the crashes. So far I think it's mostly crashed when the program isn't focussed (Logic has the focus), but I'm not sure if that's always the case.

I'm on El Capitan (10.11.6). Might give Sierra a try, hoping that solves it. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up!

I had the Helix connected to a USB hub. Now I plugged it into my iMac directly, and the editor seems to be more stable - at least for now. Here's to hoping this solves it, because the crashes also often messed up the audio in Logic (suddenly it had huge latency), which required me to restart Logic... Not a very pleasant workflow :)

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me on both ElCap and Sierra. Editor disconnects every 5-10 minutes.  Happens on both a laptop and desktop Mac, USB direct (no hubs).  Latest versions of FW and Editor.  Frustrating.  Gonna try to reach someone at Line 6 this coming week. 

Same problem for me on both ElCap and Sierra. Editor disconnects every 5-10 minutes.  Happens on both a laptop and desktop Mac, USB direct (no hubs).  Latest versions of FW and Editor.  Frustrating.  Gonna try to reach someone at Line 6 this coming week. 

Neither of these suggestions may bear any relevance but just in case... Make sure you did a global reset since your last firmware upgrade (backup setlists and IRs first). Check to see if the disconnect only occurs on specific presets. Try leaving one of the factory presets selected and see if the editor disconnect still happens. If it is related to certain presets try changing them slightly and then saving them although I believe this bug was resolved in the latest versions of the firmware, e.g. ver. 2.01.

I bought my Helix recently, and it was already loaded with FW 2.01.  Would a global reset be necessary if that were the case?    

The disconnecting behavior occurs on all presets, factory or user.  

Thanks for the thoughts.  Any more our there? 

F

I bought my Helix recently, and it was already loaded with FW 2.01.  Would a global reset be necessary if that were the case?    

The disconnecting behavior occurs on all presets, factory or user.  

Thanks for the thoughts.  Any more our there? 

F

I would do a global reset anyway just to be sure. Make sure you have good backups of your setlists and IRs first, and note what position the IRs go in and your global settings. It would be one of the first things I tried; may well be related to USB, driver, OS, or Helix instabilities though. Just one of the easier things to try unless you have an alternate computer.