Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Software update instructions for Spider V.

stratolini

Just bought a Spider V 30 but can figure out how to load the update download into the amp.

I downloaded the 1.10 updater installer on my Windows 10 laptop. How do I get it from laptop to amp?

I connected the laptop to the PC input on back panel of Spider then pressed the home button. The display shows nothing.

Any ideas?

Hi stratolini, 

Please ensure you also have installed the Spider V driver: Spider V Driver

After you have installed the Spider V Driver. Make sure to select the USB output going out to your computer. 

Then run the Line 6 updater. 

After signing in, you should then see your Line 6 device appear; displaying the installed firmware build.

After selecting your device, you will be directed to a list of all available firmware updates. Select the most current update available; the Line 6 updater will then guide you on the update process. 

Please let us know if you have any further needs. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

Can you advise what kind of cable I need to buy to accomplish this? 

I'm not familiar with that type of input labeled for the PC/Android on the back of the Spider.  Can't remember ever seeing that type of hole anywhere.

Any chance Line 6 would provide the connecting cable?

Also, what would I need to connect my android phone to the Spider?

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't work for my spider v - 240. Windows 7 - 64. "An error has ocurred. Please try again".

No way from my Samsung J5 - Android 6.0. The update stay "in progress" indefinitely after download the software.

Anyway, why the Spider V driver isn't in the help page?. I didn't seen anything about this driver in the Line 6 support pages.

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/spider-v/how-to-update-the-spider-v-amp-r836

If you go to support tab on the line 6 web page and select downloads. Pick your product Spider V XX leave it on all software and in my case windows 10 and click go.

Top link is drivers

4th one is 

Line 6 Updater       Line 6 Updater

Version 1.10
Released 9/23/16

• 2 years later...