Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix volume going mute, requires touch of the expression pedal to come to live again

ramirezdan

This one is killing me. I'm on the older firmware v2.01. Usually it doesn't happen while I'm playing, but occasionally, the Helix will just be totally silent. Eventually I'll remember that I've got this weird bug in the system and if I nudge the expression pedal, I'll get sound again. 

I do have a volume block at the end of the chain assigned to the pedal. At this point, I can't trust this pedal live because it literally cuts out completely while I'm playing. 

I've seen some chatter in the forum about this, but I haven't been able to find it, or find a solution for it. 

This one is killing me. I'm on the older firmware v2.01. Usually it doesn't happen while I'm playing, but occasionally, the Helix will just be totally silent. Eventually I'll remember that I've got this weird bug in the system and if I nudge the expression pedal, I'll get sound again. 

I do have a volume block at the end of the chain assigned to the pedal. At this point, I can't trust this pedal live because it literally cuts out completely while I'm playing. 

I've seen some chatter in the forum about this, but I haven't been able to find it, or find a solution for it. 

Hi ramirezdan,

I've already posted a reply for you to check out in this other thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/23756-helix-midi-questions/?do=findComment&comment=186566

Hope this helps.

Some have reported that deleting the volume block, adding it back in, and then saving prevents this but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

I was having a similar problem at the first couple of gigs I did with the Helix. It turned out that when I would do a couple of tweaks on the fly, I had the expression pedal at heel position and when I hit "save," the Helix remembered the patch as having the expression pedal (which I mostly use for volume) as being in heel position, hence "off." All it took was hitting "save" again with the pedal in toe position. Maybe that's not what happened to you and it IS a bug, but thought I post this just in case.

I was having a similar problem at the first couple of gigs I did with the Helix. It turned out that when I would do a couple of tweaks on the fly, I had the expression pedal at heel position and when I hit "save," the Helix remembered the patch as having the expression pedal (which I mostly use for volume) as being in heel position, hence "off." All it took was hitting "save" again with the pedal in toe position. Maybe that's not what happened to you and it IS a bug, but thought I post this just in case.

I keep my setting for the expression pedal set to 'Global' so that is not an issue for me.