Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Having a slight issue with my Line 6 toneport ux2 and Audacity for vocal recordings

Hi. So I just received my Line 6 Toneport ux2 in the mail today. The process of installing drivers and the pod farm software. I even played around with the pod farm software to find the sweet spot with my voice. Now my only issue currently is when I open up pod farm and Audacity to record my vocals, my . I am monitoring my voice by listening through my PC (recording settings>Digital Audio Interface or Line 6 ux2>properties>listen tab>listen to this device), and my voice sounds perfectly normal until I start up audacity then my voice changes to as I said before the voice of like a little kid. I don't have tons of technical knowledge of this audio interface thus me posting this in the forum. My last audio interface was a Behringer umc22. It was an ok audio interface but too much electrical noise in the background. I have done some research and audacity has a driver that doesn't work well with line 6 or pod farm apparently. If someone has a solution can you help me step by step. As I said before I'm not a total beginner but the Line 6 ux2 is slightly out of my league when it comes to my knowledge of audio interfaces.

I even added an audio sample

audio sample.wav

Make sure that the Audacity Audio Settings specify that it should use the UX2 and it's ASIO driver as the audio input and output device. As I think you've discovered Audacity defaults to the ASIO4ALL driver. This is a non-compliant ASIO driver and is known to cause problems when used with Line 6 devices.

I can't give you step by step details to change this setting, but look in Audacity's Settings, or Preferences, or whatever they call it. You're looking for the page that lets you specify the audio device setup. Look for ASIO4ALL and change it to the UX2 ASIO.