Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updating AmpliFi75 For Android?

KevinEkstrom

is anyone using Android? I need ti update AmpliFi Utility 2.0 but the instructions say to go to line6.com/software , all products drop down menu, select AmpliFi device and press Go.It should take me to the latedt version of Amplifi Utility so I can install it. NO GO! There is no such download available from the selection list. I'm at a loss and I'm ready to send this unit back and do a nice right-up on FB about the product. Customer support has been a ghost, no help at all. I'm sitting on a 400.00 amp that is basically useless to me at this point.

I updated my Amplifi 75 using an Android device and it worked fine..

But I didn't have to install any other Amplifi Utility app.. I just used the Amplifi Remote App..

Go to the settings option on the main menu then select Device Flash and select the version that you want to install.

It does take a while though to install the update - and it looks like it's not doing anything - so if you think it's not working,

just leave it to complete for a while

I updated my Amplifi 75 using an Android device and it worked fine..

But I didn't have to install any other Amplifi Utility app.. I just used the Amplifi Remote App..

Go to the settings option on the main menu then select Device Flash and select the version that you want to install.

It does take a while though to install the update - and it looks like it's not doing anything - so if you think it's not working,

just leave it to complete for a while

OK, I tried this. It was from the flash download. It prompted me to connect amp to the PC, when I did I immediately got a box that stated finished and I clicked OK. So, your telling me I wasn't finished? As far as the prompt stated, I was done. how am I suppose to know when it's actually finished? Will it prompt me once again? Also, I was told I would have to reset my factory settings, but I have no clue how this is done.

Thanks for the reply

I can't remember exactly what it said, but during the firmware update process on an Android device it does show a message saying that the update is faster if it is done on a PC, but it doesn't say that you have to connect to a PC! - You can continue and update the Amplifi on the Android device without using a PC at all - which is what I did... and it worked fine, although it does take much longer this way due to the Bluetooth connection being much slower than USB connected to a PC.

If you have a PC and want to update this way then you need to download and install the Line 6 Updater and the Amplifi driver - If you don't have the driver installed then the updater wont see the Amplifi to allow you to update it.  The .tmf files that you have downloaded are the firmware update files that the line 6 Updater utility uses to send to the Amplifi to update it - I'm guessing your PC doesn't read them because you don't have the Line 6 Updater installed?

Hope this helps...

• 8 months later...