Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just took the plunge...

cclement

All,

I've just took the plunge, clicked the mouse... and ordered my Helix and a Novation case for it (See http://line6.com/support/topic/25430-helix-casebag/)

Assuming the unit I get doesn't have 2.12 on it - which I'm pretty certain it wont - I can just download the latest FW from http://line6.com/software/ and go strait to the update process, yes?

I don't have any patches, set lists, or IRs at this point... so there should be no need to back up with the FW version it comes with first... correct?

I never had an issue with my HD500x updates... but I know the Helix has a bit more to deal with over the HD500x, so just double checking before it arrives.

Looking forward to a whole new world!

Do not download the latest firmware, instead download and install the latest 'Helix' 2.11 application. It will say simply 'Helix' in the second grey title bar and below and to the right you will see text that says "Helix Editor v2.11 Release Notes", scroll down and you will see the download button for this file. The 'Helix' application by default will install the Updater, Editor, and Driver (if you are using Windows). Now run the Updater and upgrade to the latest firmware version 2.12. The latest 'Helix' application as well as the Editor are version 2.11 right now but the latest firmware is version 2.12. After the firmware upgrade to 2.12 completes be sure to run the global reset before you start to design presets. As always, follow the instructions in the firmware notes.

• Upvote 1

Do not download the latest firmware, instead download and install the latest 'Helix' 2.11 application. It will say simply 'Helix' in the second grey title bar and below and to the right you will see text that says "Helix Editor v2.11 Release Notes", scroll down and you will see the download button for this file. The 'Helix' application by default will install the Updater, Editor, and Driver (if you are using Windows). Now run the Updater and upgrade to the latest firmware version 2.12. The latest 'Helix' application as well as the Editor are version 2.11 right now but the latest firmware is version 2.12. After the firmware upgrade to 2.12 completes be sure to run the global reset before you start to design presets. As always, follow the instructions in the firmware notes.

Thanks for the tip. I did see this.. and after re-reading the instructions and the pinned post.. I figured this out. It does take a bit of attention to figure it out, however. You have to look a bit to see that the Helix app installs all the bits you need... but the instructions reference the Line 6 Updater for the FW update.

Still... beat the old days of cracking open the AxSys and putting in a new PROM chip.