Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Should I reset my HD500X ? volume issues

Oxygen87

Hey,

I've been experiencing a drastic volume changes while I'm switching between patches. (video at the end in case i won't make myself clear)

Let say I play with patch X then i switch to patch Y the volume changes sometimes too low and sometimes too high and as soon as I turn the volume knob a little bit the volume returns to its original setting.

It's a pain in the lollipop while i'm playing with my friends and I don't know what to do.

Should i just reset my device or is it a common issue with the HD series ?

Thanks buddies.

**I was holding the camera in one hand so I couldn't play nothing :)**

Update:

I reset my HD500x (I've re-flashed with Line 6 Monkey), but there was no luck. also, it looks like the presents have been reset and what I want is TOTAL FACTORY RESET (setting,amps etc...)

how can i perform it ? is there any other way ?

i'm seriously considering to buy another unit, outside the Line 6 family. (i'm a little bit disappointed with this issue)

thanks ! 

Thanks buddy, Just did it, didn't work...

One more thing, I dont want it to ignore the physical knobs setting, the opposite.

I want every present i switch to, to embrace the physical knobs setting. and it manages to work, only when i turn the volume knob a little bit as you see in the video.

for example if i'll switch between patches while the volume knob turn to 1, then patch will be louder then that.

Its not a matter of ignoring the knobs its just a test to see what is going on. It could be a bad cable for example.

But when a patch is recalled it will be at whatever settings it was programmed for not where the knobs are at. When you move a knob then the setting will jump to the position.