Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Floorboard Wah Wah not working

Jackson_H

I recently purchased a used Floorboard to use with my POD v2. It's in pretty good condition and all seems well except the Wah-Wah does not do anything. I can turn it on, and the light comes on, and I hera a difference in the tone, but when I rock the pedal, nothing changes. I have found a couple posts indicating a transistor seems to go bad occasionally, a 2N 4401. I also found a post during a search indication there was a way to adjust, and referencing a FAQ I cannot find.

The Wah pedal on the floorboard may need to be adjusted if the light is coming on and you are not hearing the "sweep". See the following link for more information:

Line 6 Floorboard and FB4 F.A.Q.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1854

Is this a possibility, and if so, can anyone point me towards this FAQ?

Thank You

So. I suppose nobody knows how to access those older documents. I did have the uniot apart the other evening. It would appear that someone tried some solder touch up that didn't work, indicating the person who sold me the board knew it had a problem and never bothered to mention that fact. It looks as if there isn't much to go wrong with on that circuit. The transistor doesnt look to be bad, but perhaps it is. Other than that, there does not appear to be much to go wrong. When I engage the switch, the light comes on, and I can hear the tone change, but no sweeping like a wah when I rock the pedal. So I may try replacing the transistor just to see it it's the issue. Other than that, can anyone tell me what else may go wrong on these units. I'd like to get it fixed if possible...

Hey there, from an old trouble shooting guide - there are a couple of things that could be the issue. The film strip should have no creases and should be able to move freely. Check the solder joints and the photo receptor/emitter. So it does look like you are on the right path. 

Sorry I can't offer up much more help.

Thanks for the response... The film strip looks to be in good shape, and moves as it should. The photo receptor/emitter is the yellow part that looks somewhat like an LED I'm supposing. Should that light when the unit is active does anyone know? Is there somewhere to find a part number for that if it needs replacing?

You can shoot L6 a email and hope or you could hit google and look for a schematic if no one has a part reference. I only had one apart years and years ago and don't remember what the guts look like.

I suppose you could shine a flash light on it to see if anything responds.

• 1 month later...

I ended up taking the board to RJK services. Bob did the repair and had me back up and running  in good time. Anyone near Kennett Square PA and in need of amp or electronic repair look him up.

RJK Services
Servicing: Electronics,Guitars

532 Church Hill Rd 
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, 19350
Phone: 610-268-0240
Email: rjkservices@rcn.com

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Please advise on floorboard wah-wah issue. I'm having the same issue and line6 does not have anybody available to assist. Cannot open a ticket as I bought the floorboard from a resale site and could not register the board.