axelexa80

Connect 8 Ohm passive 6" 3-way speaker to Amplifi TT?

Well pretty much as the topic reads above. Can't find info in the manual regarding impedance tolerence. Don't want any of the devices getting overheated. Connected the speaker thru the headphonejack yesterday and it sounds great.

/Axel

Don't do that!

That circuit is not design for that. Use the proper outputs for what they are meant for.

Headphone Output is meant for headphones.

Can't quite get it to work though. Since I only have one speaker i can only connect to one of the RCA outputs in the back. (Main out) So left or right whould'nt make any difference?

I want go get a nice sound of my TT, while jamming with my LP. Use RF phones most of the time but sometimes i like Max up the volume :) The speaker would give a deeper/better base sound and overall sound rather than thru my 6" 25w Cheap nobrand amp?

Its a passive speaker that I used for my technics 2x30w amp/cd- player back in the 90's The speaker would get Power from my TT i reckon?

"The speaker would get Power from my TT i reckon?"---

Not through the RCA jacks. If you are going to use RCA out's for speakers, they will have to

be those powered desktop types, like are used for desktop computer speakers. RCA output

circuits won't drive a passive low impedance speaker, RCA in's and out's are high impedance

circuits. Powered desktop speakers for computers and with RCA jacks, if you are going to do

something like that.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, appreciate your answer. I'll buy a set of those ones. Just liked the idea of recycling my old speakers, but I guess they go back up on the attic again then :)

Excellent. :) 

Remember the old Murphy-ism, "The shortcut is the longest distance between two points".

It's like trying to drink coffee from a sieve. Mis-matched impedances are like that.

You could pick up an old stereo amp and use that. They should be really cheap.