Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Dead, L6 A Pain, Argh!

benbutterworth

Hi, I hope you can help. I recently bought a second hand DT25 112 combo, I tested the amp thoroughly with a guitar before buying and it works great. I then decided to link tip with my other DT25 head, via L6 link from my HD500. There is no sound from the DT25 combo, however when changing patches the topology, pentode and class A A/B was switching. I have double checked my L6 settings in the HD500 and all seems to be fine. Amp A and Amp B are designated as are midi channels.

Firstly, is thee a reason why I am no getting any sound? I can get a sound from the amp in isolation using L6 link, but when daisy chaining two amps the combo goes silent. However, to try to solve the problem I though I would reset the firmware. I connected the DT25 via my Alesis USB-midi and the Line 6 Monkey recognised the amp. I registered it (as the new owner), then reflashed the latest 2.0 DT25 upgrade. During the relfash the Line 6 Monkey reported a proper, and cancelled the update. Nowi have here major problems.

1. The DT25 doesn't want to work in stereo with the other amp as part of L6 link.

2. Now, when I boot up L6 Monkey, it just doesn't see the Alesis USB/midi connector. I have to go through a difficult process of telling Line Monkey what look for manually, bit doesn't find any device on the end. It was seeing it earlier , 3. Worst of all, the amp is stuck on channel B. I have tried to reset, including the topology and pentode switch squeeze trick. No topology light is on, nor pentode/triode Nor Class A Class 3. I am getting o response whatsoever. Can you advise as to a way forward? The amp is dead, and when it was working, it couldn't be linked to another L6 link amp.

turn amp off, pinch topology and pentode switches together.... pedtode up, topo down, power on... HOLD

the lights should all flicker and the amp should be back at defaults...

then re-flash.

i've only done this a couple of times myself but it worked... i can't guarantee you the same success... but it's something to try.

If it looks bricked, try re-flashing the firmware. By default, DT amplifiers power up midi com in a safe mode so they are still flashable when they are bricked most of the time. If you are having trouble it might be the interface you have....I have an older UNO that absolutely will not flash my DT50 or my DT25...I had to use my EMU 1820 instead...The amp most likely will not function correctly until you can get a clean flash.