Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.20 upon waking this morning

PiFromBRC

Was anybody else a bit nervous DL'ing the updates today given that it's April Fool's Day?

Totally digging on the new Firmware.  I've freed up enough DSP to put parametric EQ after two parallel IRs.  Thanks guys!

Well, not only did I download it yesterday, I used it at our gig last night.  Using the Mackie DL1608 with a single Alto TS218S  and two mounted Alto TS215S I am happy.  I must say the only slight glitch was concerning a Line 6 factory patch (28A or 108 if you count).  It is called Mockabilly or something like that.  It was attempting to rebuild each time I powered on the Helix during my testing period yesterday before the gig.  I looked at it and there were no blocks in it at all.  So I just added a few things to the patch and saved.   At this time I have not been using Snapshots because I rebuild each preset from scratch normally.  However, I just rebuilt my set-lists I backed up and the darn thing sounded great.  I did boost the mid on several patches using the Cali EQ just to cut but I believe I would have had to do that with 2.12 since I had just build those particular patches.  My autowah preset i build did sound much more pronounced.  I am liking some of the new blocks.  So far so good.

Dennis

I jumped into the upgrade Saturday morning and it went swimmingly. Did a little more tone tweaking as well. Sounded fantastic at church on Sunday. 

On a side note, the Badonk amp model on my tele sounds amazing. The big bottom along with the tele mids and upper chime sound great together. I am going to have to build a preset with the Badonk as the core tone this week for sure.