Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 Live on Mac

LeeWalker

Hi

Been a long time Line 6 user and i am trying to use my X3 Live on my iMac.

I have been running Line 6 Monkey and it says that i need to get to 1.74 Monkey but i am stuck in a loop where 1.73 always needs to be installed (even though it says it has installed fine).

Last time a used this i was using Gearbox as the way to choose tones etc. I notice that now i should be using Pod Farm or Pod Farm 2.

When i launch POD Farm 1.12 it says that no hardware was found (weird) and i do not get an option for X3 Live only UX1 etc

When i launch POD Farm 2.59 it loads OK but cannot seem to find any tones ie most of them are greyed out. I thought that this was the case with nothing connected up but i was under the impression that the X3 Live has all the model packs etc and all the tones should be accessible.

Really want to get this working but can't seem to get there on this one. Any ideas?

Lee

Check the License Manager and log a support ticket. Probably just an update configure thing.

There also maybe a limit as to how far an X3 Live can upgrade to. Check with Custom Support

to see at what point that might be, and what Mac OS requirements are with that.

OK I raised a ticket and got a reply this morning. Looks like i am unable to use the X3 Live on my desktop as the only thing that will work with it is Gearbox and that is not supported in OSX Sierra which is a bit of a pain.

I have POD Farm 1 and 2 and all i really want to do is activate the tones in POD Farm 2 using the packs that are preloaded on the X3 Live. Doesnt look like its going to happen.

Gutted.com

Lee

• 1 month later...

I use virtual machine windows 7 on my mac pro (VMWARE FUSION) and it works fine. First install the driver for windows recognize the Pod X3. There are free virtual machine application on the net. unfortunately no solution for os x sierra.