Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod XT Pro to multiple amps?

So... I'm a little new to this equipment:) I currently have a Line 6 half stack (Spider 2 150w) and a Marshall MG half stack. If I purchase one of the Line 6 Pods (looking at XT Pro).....am I able to output to both of the amps simultaneously.....or can I only output to one amp. Sorry if the answer is obvious.....I've looked through the online manual....but the answer wasn't jumping out at me:)

Thanks!!

Jamie

Thank you for quick reply. So am I understanding the outputs correctly.....(just using at home) would I just plug directly from guitar into line 6 pod & then use (1) output from pod directly into the guitar input on the Line 6 Spider ii head & (1) output from the pod directly into the guitar input on the Marshall MG head?

Thanks again!!

Jamie

Pretty much,  though going into the Spider might not sound too good. Its tough to send a modeled signal into an amp modeler without a lot of mush. Consider getting a power amp or another head with an FX loop.

I would go into the FX loop of the MG to bypass its preamp. There are a few output options on the Pro too so read the manual and play around with them a bit.

Just try the MG first and see how you like it. Try Studio Direct and then Power Stack - be careful though as the volume will be full, so keep the master vol on the Pro low and increase it slowly.