Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Line Out Mono or Stereo?

Hey. I use POD HD desktop line outs into Focusrite 2i4. Just wondering whether it matters if i use both left and right line outs or if i can just use the left? I don't use dual amp settings or any effects panning so it should be okay to dual track mono and pan left and right in my DAW and it'll sound the same yeah?

The labeling on the device outputs is informative. On the HD500X each of the 1/4 Outputs (L and R) will sum the signal to mono if only one is used. That's indicated by the L/MONO and R/MONO labeling. If both are used they become a stereo pair. The XLR outputs, however, do not sum to mono as indicated by the absence of the MONO in their labeling. If you use only one output you will get the corresponding half of the stereo signal.

The labeling on the device outputs is informative. On the HD500X each of the 1/4 Outputs (L and R) will sum the signal to mono if only one is used.

Ah. Sooo, there is no loss of quality or anything and it's fine to record out of one output?