Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting Helix LT

ebujosa

Well, any power amp!

You got 1/4in and XLRs out - and at instrument or mic or line level - something for any occasion!

I'm assuming your 2x12 is a guitar cab?

Then you won't be able to use IRs or Helix cabs - so you start to limit your sound a fair bit - speakers make a lot of the sound you hear.

Then it's all an argument with 100 answers - solid state - with a ton of headroom vs Valve (tube) with less............

Do yourself a favour - if you are willing to explore what the Helix can really do for you - and learn to tailor your sound using FRFR.

Then you can send what you hear to the front of house in pristine quality - with a 2x12 guitar cab - you might as well mic it - and waste half of what makes the Helix so great.

If you want to feel old fashioned kick in the guts power - and you actually play places where you can be that loud - then get a valve power amp........a big one!

Well, any power amp! You got 1/4in and XLRs out - and at instrument or mic or line level - something for any occasion! I'm assuming your 2x12 is a guitar cab? Then you won't be able to use IRs or Helix cabs - so you start to limit your sound a fair bit - speakers make a lot of the sound you hear. Then it's all an argument with 100 answers - solid state - with a ton of headroom vs Valve (tube) with less............ Do yourself a favour - if you are willing to explore what the Helix can really do for you - and learn to tailor your sound using FRFR. Then you can send what you hear to the front of house in pristine quality - with a 2x12 guitar cab - you might as well mic it - and waste half of what makes the Helix so great. If you want to feel old fashioned kick in the guts power - and you actually play places where you can be that loud - then get a valve power amp........a big one!

Rather ... "You may want to consider not using IR's or Helix cabs"... some people use them with guitar cabs and they like them...

I've been using a Koch ATR-4502 tube hybrid power amp into a 10/12 cab for some time with great results.

I do use some cabs and IR's with acceptable results. It's the myriad of combos you can do to find the good

ones that is the real strength of the Helix.

I also use a Spacestation V3 with the Helix which is FRFR amplification. I use this with IR cabs almost exclusively.

www.koch-amps.com/guitar-poweramp-atr-4502.html