Leftzilla

JTV89F Floyd Rose problem

Well here is an odd one.  While restringing my 89F i cracked the first two threads on the floyd rose whammy bar interface (the part where the bar slips into the whammy housing that you tighten the collar on to "lock" the whammy bar).  As a results the tightening collar won't thread easily..  Does anyone know if this interface can be replaced without replacing the entire housing?

Or what series floyd rose does JTV89F come with?

Do your self a favor and pick up one of these. Comes with the coupler, you remove the screw on piece (coupler) so you will get a new one. The bar itself is about the same feel as the original and you have the Allen key needed for most of the lock nuts build into the arm itself, which is really useful.

https://www.amazon.com/Floyd-Rose-Turbo-Trem-Arm/dp/B00K5X1XG2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500294525&sr=8-1&keywords=floyd%2Brose%2Bturbo%2Btremolo%2Barm&th=1

• Upvote 1

Or what series floyd rose does JTV89F come with?

opps missed answering that. It's a GraphTech Floyd Rose. The bar I mentioned in the above post, I have installed on mine. Yes the coupler can be replaced. If you wish to stay original, contact GraphTech, great group I'm sure they can get you another coupler.

• Upvote 1

The collar on the bridge where the Tremolo Arm mounts? Or the fitting

on the Tremolo Arm the screws onto the mount?

Its the collar on the bridge where the arm mounts.  Specifically the threads the tremelo arm mount screws into.  I did order a new mount (5.10) to see if its compatable and hopefully works.  Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Pretty easy after all was said and done ordered replacement off of Amazon installed it and managed not screw up the peizos. Total cost $5.10. Thanks for the suggestions and advice.