Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to use the FBV MK II Express to control Amp Looper?

I have the MK II Express pedal and a Spider V 60 amp.  I can't find any way to start and stop the recording of the Looper on the amp.  The MK II manual doesn't mention this and is mostly useless to me.  I can control it by pressing the button on the amp but this leaves a blank space in the loop as I reach for the button.  How can I set the foot pedal switch to start and stop the recording?   I have also looked at the Line 6 FBV control software interface with the foot pedal connected to my computer but there is nothing that says start/stop looper or anything close to that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is looping with the FBV Express II possible using the Spider Jam?  I bought the Express foot pedal specifically for this purpose and the product description (at the online store I bought it from) stated this was possible.  I cannot figure it out and the manual doesn't provide guidance from what I can see.  Anyone know?

• 2 months later...

Is looping with the FBV Express II possible using the Spider Jam? I bought the Express foot pedal specifically for this purpose and the product description (at the online store I bought it from) stated this was possible. I cannot figure it out and the manual doesn't provide guidance from what I can see. Anyone know?

Is looping with the FBV Express II possible using the Spider Jam?  I bought the Express foot pedal specifically for this purpose and the product description (at the online store I bought it from) stated this was possible.  I cannot figure it out and the manual doesn't provide guidance from what I can see.  Anyone know?

You can use the FBV Express II with Spider Jam to control looping. Spider Jam has to be manually switched to "Jam Control Mode" to use FBV Express II to control looping/drums.

• 1 month later...

I've got the same problem and apparently the FBV Mk II Express cannot control either the 'Bank' control on the Spider V 60, or the Looper functions, even though the 'Line 6 FBV Control' application hapilly allows you to assign both of these functions to the buttons on the FBV.  Why have Line 6 stopped these functions working with the Spider V ?

GAKs only suggestion was to buy the FBV3 pedal which is well over double the price and much larger, both of which I don't want; or to buy a dedicated looper pedal which would mean I lose wireless to the guitar (for me THE main feature) and also need an extra power supply.

The main reason I bought this amp was the wireless guitar connection and the floor based looper so sadly, as I'm loving the sounds, it's all going to be returned.

Also, the amp totally failed 2 days ago and stopped giving any guitar sound  :(  :( 

the FBV control only changes what it controls on your computer... pod farm etc....

the express pedals cannot bank, or loop (i have not verified on spider V, but could not on previous spiders)

you need the shortboard MKII or FBV3

you can likely find the shortboard used for about the price of the express....

but yes.... there is a reason it costs more than the express.. and you've found a couple of them.

I've got the same problem and apparently the FBV Mk II Express cannot control either the 'Bank' control on the Spider V 60, or the Looper functions, even though the 'Line 6 FBV Control' application hapilly allows you to assign both of these functions to the buttons on the FBV.  Why have Line 6 stopped these functions working with the Spider V ?

GAKs only suggestion was to buy the FBV3 pedal which is well over double the price and much larger, both of which I don't want; or to buy a dedicated looper pedal which would mean I lose wireless to the guitar (for me THE main feature) and also need an extra power supply.

The main reason I bought this amp was the wireless guitar connection and the floor based looper so sadly, as I'm loving the sounds, it's all going to be returned.

Also, the amp totally failed 2 days ago and stopped giving any guitar sound  :(  :(

• 2 years later...
On 2/3/2018 at 9:41 AM, TheRealZap said:

the FBV control only changes what it controls on your computer... pod farm etc....

the express pedals cannot bank, or loop (i have not verified on spider V, but could not on previous spiders)

you need the shortboard MKII or FBV3

you can likely find the shortboard used for about the price of the express....

but yes.... there is a reason it costs more than the express.. and you've found a couple of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your reply is confusing,you state he needs the shortboard mk11 but that is what the original poster is talking about?

im confused now because i have a spiderjam and am looking at a "Line 6 FBV Express MKII Guitar Footswitch "

specifically to use for the looper ON THE AMP live/realtime not thru pc?

So does this pedal work with amp and no pc or not-anybody please????

7 hours ago, iwantthat77 said:

your reply is confusing,you state he needs the shortboard mk11 but that is what the original poster is talking about?

im confused now because i have a spiderjam and am looking at a "Line 6 FBV Express MKII Guitar Footswitch "

specifically to use for the looper ON THE AMP live/realtime not thru pc?

So does this pedal work with amp and no pc or not-anybody please????

No, the OP said the Express, not the Shortboard.   The problem the OP had was with the Spider V.  Not the Spiderjam.

spider jam is also really old (spider III generation tech, released with the spider IV generation amps) and cannot use the spider edit software at all.

i do believe that the spider jam being built around a looper will use the express in jam control mode to do the same as ABCD on the full shortboard.

(NO BANK CONTROL ON EXPRESS AKA NO E BUTTON)

also no reason to worry about MKII versions of the express or shortboard as the jam will not utilize the USB...

image.png.0ebba9a9763f7ae9f986af4b260737e4.png