Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD MIC INPUT not working at all

trvlbum

I have a mac book pro and a pod hd. the guitar sounds great but the mic input does nothing. i have selected mic as my input 2 source on the machine and the desktop software. someone in another post suggested putting effects on it but i really dont see how to do that. i dont see any way to get into a window that allows playing with mic fx or settings. i also do not see the phantom power switch people talk about. i have tried stage mics, recording mics and still nothing. the small black know on the back is just back from full on. quite noisy at full. any thoughts would be appreciated.

trvlbum

The mic is an input like the guitar is...If you select the mic, then you will need to Add a preamp to an FX Block...The Vintage Pre is good for this....Add a few Eqs, Delay or whatever else you want. Setup a vocal patch much the same way you would a guitar patch. Just set the Amp Model to NONE. Not sure what HD you have...Desktop and Footboards do not have phantom power...

I'd recommend trying the mic presets from Line 6 first. The POD HD should already be configured to work with the mic; this should let you know if it is something you might have changed or that the jack is possibly bad.

Push the left side twist knob on the display screen and highlight the BASS/ACO/VOC folder, then press ENTER. Click the VIEW button and go to setting 9A: Mic'ed Vocal. Scroll thru the others and you should hear something from your mic. If you for sure that you've got a good mic and cable, then you can start to look at the jack.

Next, I'd try a HOSA MIT-129 adapter (3-pin mic to 1/4" guitar, about $20) and plug your guitar into the adapter and then into the mic input. Set input 2 to guitar and see if anything comes out. Still a nogo? Likely a bad 3-pin jack on the POD HD.

I own seven POD variations and the only issue I've ever had was a bad on/off switch on the PODxt. Line 6 gave me a free replacement switch and extended my warranty for a year. I paid $30 to have it installed at a licensed service center (original warranty was expired). That's remarkable for 17 years worth of gear; the POD stuff seems to be pretty danged bulletproof. Hopefully, it's just a simple configuration issue.

Good luck!

post-39770-0-00119600-1504549627_thumb.gif