Supersonic_104

Using Spider V 30 in Pro Tools Express

Hey everyone, I'm hoping there's someone here who could help me out.

I recently purchased the Spider V 30 and have been trying to record with it in Pro Tools Express by connecting the amp to my PC via USB (details of my set-up below).

• Windows 8
  • USB interface device: M-Audio M-Track Plus
  • Amp has the latest firmware installed
  • Latest drivers for Line 6 Spider series have been installed onto my PC

Pro Tools Express doesn't appear to acknowledge that the Spider V 30 is connected, and it doesn't appear in my list of playback engines (only ASIO4all and M-Audio/M-Track's ASIO) - so, no joy whenever I try and record into a new audio track with it. NB/ I can record in Pro Tools Express with other devices, such as MIDI controllers, that use USB connections.

However, I have been able to connect the amp to my audio interface device (via aux cable - going from the amp's 'phones' output to the interface's 'insert') and record that way - but I'm still curious to try the USB method to see if results differ (as I heard they do).

In any case, I would be grateful if anyone could offer any help/tips/pointers/etc.  :)

Thanks!

Hi Supersonic_104,

Are you connected directly to your computers USB inputs? 

Also ensure the USB select switch is switched over to the right to active the USB-B output labeled "Mac/PC Android".

Let us know your results and how you're connected so we can get you rockin!

Thanks!

Hi Supersonic_104,

Are you connected directly to your computers USB inputs? 

Also ensure the USB select switch is switched over to the right to active the USB-B output labeled "Mac/PC Android".

Let us know your results and how you're connected so we can get you rockin!

Thanks!

Yes, I connected directly to my PC via USB and ensured the USB select switch was set to 'Mac/PC Android'. As I said before, all of my drivers and whatnot are up to date, so I'm still a bit stumped by why it's not working  :mellow: Any suggestions?