Sign in to follow this  
Guitarmaniac64

Buy A Dt 25?

I got a nice deal on a used DT25 it even have 6 months guarantee

But since reading all the post in here about that transformer issues and Line6 REFUSE to say what serial it is i am unsure if i gonna buy it as i dont want to pay a lot of xtra cash to repair it if it brokes..

That is so lame of Line6 if a CAR has a major problem like the breaks stop working after 4 years or so most car builders are taking them in and repair them for FREE since it is their fault in the first place.

So should i buy? 

I believe the transformer problem was isolated to the dt50 and even then only a certain range of serial numbers. I own a dt50 2x12 and LOVE IT especially integrated with the pod hd500. But in short I think your good to purchase it. And I'm sure if u look back at the posts about transformer issues it is involving the DT 50 and nit the DT 25.

• Upvote 1

I read those posts about the issues also and wondered about it for a few seconds, lol. Then I ordered a DT50 Head, should be arriving soon. I'm pretty sure the issue had been addressed by now. Most of the posts I read were from 2010 I think.

These forums have been a huge help in my being able to figure this rig out and everywhere I go people are blown away by it. You will love the DT once u get to know it (it does take a minute at first). I just found a tip about running the pod in studio direct when having to use low volumes.

• Upvote 1