Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the HD500X through my EVH head and orange cab.

benwells709

Hey all, Im new to this unit and anything like it. I currently have for my rig a EVH 5150iii head, Orange Cab, and a Pro Rack Decimator noise gate.

So I have some tones that I have made that sound great when im using the HD just with my headphones. However, if I want to take these tones into my rig how can I do that ? I can try and drop the Decimator as I would like to see how well the Line 6 noise gates work with the EVH head. Of course having the option of putting it back in the chain would be nice as the Pro Rack Decimator is one of the best Noise Gates on the market.

Would I need to turn off amp and cab sims ? Is there a universal way of doing this so every channel drops it out or do I have to make individual presets for those settings ? 

Make a choice. And make it now, before you get too far with your Pod. 

You either lose your rig and run the pod direct to the pa. Or you run the Pod through your rig at gig volume.

There is a 3rd option. You create patches for the times you are direct and patches for when you are not. 

Of course, should you choose to use your rig, you then get to decide what manner of hookup you want to use. But, again, you make that decision now. 

What sounds good in the headphones will sound completely different when running through your head/cab.  Play an MP3 through headphones then through your head/cab and it will sound completely different.

Pick a method for using the PODHD and build your tone using that method.