Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3T and Helix

Guys considering buying 1 L3T to play with a four piece band, playing covers in around pubs, without using the P.A, and using the L3T as my main amp/ facing out front would this work?  we have quite a loud drummer and its real rocky stuff we would do, I just like the idea of getting the pure sounds from the helix, would this be of benefit to me.

• Upvote 1

It would work, as will any reasonably powerful and flat speaker. The L series speakers have an advantage over some of the competitors in this regard because they have a speaker emulation mode so you can turn off the cab model in Helix - this is similar to using a really clean power amp and guitar cab.

I have a pair of L2T and I haven't needed to use more than 1 of them as backline, but we run a fairly quiet stage and have PA to carry the room. I am more likely to use mine as a floor monitor which is plenty for me and the band to hear and the audience gets a more consistent mix through the PA Mains.

This is an area where you really have to try before you buy - or at least commit to buying. Ideally with a dealer that has a range of options where you can try them at reasonable volume.

• Upvote 1

Hi, i support the pairing of one or two (why not!:-) ) L3Ts or L3Ms to Helix...they are made for one another....and sound wonderfully.
Sometimes, you plug your Helix into the PA that you find on the gig site....and all your sounds come out really badly damaged...if you can take your full system with you, you can bet on a consistent sound.
Or at least, you can prove the PA Engineer "HOW" your sound should sound like...in case of contention :-)

Unless you can indeed use the onboard mixed in the L3T, you could probably just go for the L3Ms...did is what i did.

Cheers, a.

• Upvote 1