Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal's volume at startup

Ibanez_NB

Hi folks,

I'm a new Helix LT owner and I'm wondering what is wrong with this.

When I turn on Helix, if the expression pedal is at 0 (minimum volume) and I have a volume in my patch, it starts at full volume?

if I touch (move) the pedal, it is detected and it works as expected :(

Why the Helix doesn't detect the position of the pedal at startup or patch change ?

Go to Global Settings>EXP Pedals and other Knobs 3 and 4, you can select the behavior of EXP1 and EXP2, respectively. You can set them to Per Snapshot, Per Preset or Global. From pg 54 on the manual:

• Determines whether expression pedal positions are recalled per snapshot, per preset, or applied globally. If you want a Volume Pedal or Wah to maintain its position when switching presets, set this to "Global."

• Upvote 1

In all likelihood you had the pedal pushed forward when you saved the preset.  Saving the preset saves the current state of the volume pedal if it's set Per Preset.  Personally I like this as I often have to change guitars so going to the next preset ensures it will be a quiet transition between guitars.

In essence...it DOES work as expected if the user has read the documentation and has set things up the way they want them....OOPS....

• Downvote 1

You either have to save your preset with the volume pedal at zero, or set your volume pedal to be GLOBAL as in Phil_m's reply. If you set it to global, no matter how you save the preset or which preset you choose, it will always be where the pedal actual position is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1