Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix preset & snapshot issue with midi switching

dwayneline6

Help needed!

I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMING MIDI SWITCHING WITH MY MARSHALL JVM410HJS .

ONCE COMPLEATED AND ALL PROGRAMMING TO MY SNAPSHOTS ARE DONE. IF I CLICK ON MY next PRESET EVERYTHING IS GOOD BUT IF I SWITCH BACK TO THE prior preset for some season the midi switching goes to some random channel on the amp so the Helix makes me hit a different snap shot and then the frrst snapshot to get it back working correctly.

BASICLY SWITCHING PRESETS THE MIDI DOESNT DEFALT BACK TO THE LAST KNOWN MIDI CONTROL ON THAT PRESET. THIS IS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT ANYONE THAT CAH HELP WOULD BE GREAT. MAY HAVE TO VIDEO IT.

Go to Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo and on page 2, make sure MIDI PC Send is set to off. That will make it so the Helix doesn't send the default MIDI PC associated with each preset on the Helix whenever you load that preset.

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed it. In the JVM HJS Midi Implementation in the Manual you will see thats the right Commands are CC# Commands. But the Hellix doesn't work with more than One CC# in Snapshot Mode. In Preset and Stomp Mode he do it. But not in Snapshot Mode. I had to reallocate the commands of the JVM. 

to do that:

Command Center 

Instant 1

Bank/Prog

Midi Ch - my Channel is now 2 ,from the Amp - The two Bank Buttons ignore - Programm (Value), here you go to reallocate the Command for the JVM.

On Snapshot 1 you enter number 1

press the Switch of Snapshot 2 and Enter Number 2, and so on. etc etc

To Programming the Amp Settings you want on your Snapshot 1 you have to be in a different Preset like 2,3 or 4

So recall: assign Snap 1 with Programm 1. Snap 2 with Programm 2, and so on.

To programming the Amp setting you want on Snapshot 1, goes to ,example Snapshot 2 and aktivate it with the Footswitch. Ok.

make the settings you need on your Amp for Snapshot 1!!!!This is important. You are on snap 2 but do the Amp settings for snap 1.Ok

When your Settings ready, press 2 times on the Midi Button on the JVM. Now he's blinking. And now, press the Footswitch for Snapshot 1. 

The Midi Led on JVM flashing fast and the AMP has the new Command on PC# 1 and at the same time for snap 1. You can easily change that later.

Wherever you want this Amp Setting, you must only say to Instant Button - Programm 1. Thats it.

I had the 12 Channels of the JVM associated :

Programm          Channel

1                         clean green

2                         crunch green

3                         OD-1 green

4                         OD-2 green

5                         clean orange

6                         crunch orange

7                         OD-1 orange

8                         OD-2 orange

9                         clean red

10                       crunch red

11                       OD-1 red

12                       OD-2 red

to be able to remember the number better!By using this method, you only need to register and save the program numbers in Future Snapshots.

the FX, Mid Shift, Master & Gate can also be saved. You can assign these buttons but also with cc# Commands on the Stomps. as already said, the CC does not work in the Snapshot Mode.

After configuring all 12 channels of the JVM you can create your snapshots and assign the PC # commands. Do not forget to save this snapshot as well.