Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Intermittent VDI Cable

Just got a Brand new Helix and trying to use it with my Variax Electric 700..

The cable an  official line 6  VDI , but its a VERY intermittent connection at the guitar end...

Pulling the cable left to put strain on it  makes the connection ok...its as if its not a good fit~!

I did read something here before about this but cant find the fix ....can anyone point me in the right direction so I can use this cable without it dropping out all the time

thanks in advance

Bill P 

It may not have anything to do with the cable...if pulling it one way or the other results in the connection coming and going, then the jack may be the problem. You can eyeball the pins in the cable and see if any of them look out of place, or better yet, find another one to try. If another cable produces the same symptoms, then the problem is the guitar.

Thanks for that..tried an ethernet cable- same result , so guess its the guitar .

The VDI socket  has only been used about 4 times in its life and has never had the wrong jack plugged in !

I do have a variax 700 acoustic I dont really use, so may well see if that works reliably and maybe swap the sockets over if thats not too much of a nightmare !

thanks for the reply 

Bill P