Sign in to follow this  
sacapuntas

Variax Jtv 89 Jazzbox With Kemper Profiling Amp

Hi folks

some weeks ago I bought a Variax JTV 89 and was not really convinced. I decided to send it back although I liked the guitar as such. Some days later I have seen one again for 565 Euro at Thomann in Germany and gave it a second try.  I especially like the playability of it.

I somehow discovered that it is probably not right to expect when you switch from one model to the other  that all sounds great right aways. It needs a bit tweaking and change of mindset. Then it can be quite nice. So the second JTV 89 became my "friend" and stays.

For demo purposes I recorded a short loop ..left side Variax Tyler Jazzbox model with Kemper Andy Deluxe Reverb profile (www.theampfactory.com). Right side same Variax Tyler with a Kemper Hendrikksen amp profile (a typical Jazz amp). Plus a Jazz bass in the background. Nothing special just to demonstrate Variax and Kemper sounds

If you are interested.... here you can hear it. In my ears it sounds quite like a big jazz guitar with a lot of wood and percussion in the tone.

https://soundcloud.com/sacapuntas/short-…ack-to-showcase

What I have learned is that when one is dedicating style and some sound adjustments, the Variax can sound really ok for demos and composition.

Cheers

Sacapuntas

Nice demo. I originally didn't care much about the hollow guitars when I got the Variax, but I'm loving the 175 a lot now. The tonality is superb.

is 2.0 firmware?

Hi hurghanico,  

thanks for you comment.

Wow your recording sounds phantastic.. 100% real.. Great stuff

Cheers

Sacapuntas

Wow, that sounds great!

Which jazzbox models (positions) were you using?

Any ideas what POD HD amp/settings you might use to get close to that sound - I love it!

(and I really enjoyed your playing too!)