Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch to clean sound?

stonelx

I really like the preset "Afterlife". But I'm having trouble figuring out how to easily flip to a clean sound and remove the distortion.

So, I could save Afterlife to a user1 preset, and also save it to the user2 preset, but then edit the user2 preset and remove the distortion. Is this the best way?

And how do you remove distortion? The Afterlife preset comes with the screamer distortion effect, and disabling it doesn't remove all the distortion.

Do I have to change the AMP model, or do something else?

Thanks!

You should be able to get what you want by turning down the "drive" knob on the front of the amp.  I doubt this will help you to "easily flip" the sounds.. I assume you are trying to do this without the foot switch or a connected mobile device.  

If so you may be able to find a solution by switching the sounds with a connected PC or Mac

To get an amp to be cleaner in sound turn down the drive parameter on Spider V. You can use the volume parameter to bring the overall volume up without changing the tone. (In addition to turning off the distortion/overdrive effects).

The Afterlife preset uses a fairly high gain amp model, so if you wanted to switch to a cleaner sound via presets I'd recommend saving the Afterlife preset in the desired location, then save a clean preset next to it and switch as needed. There are some good clean tone presets in Spider or you can make your own. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

The Spider V20 has no ability at add a foot pedal to select presets, which is limiting your ability to switch quickly between two presets. You can do it with the Spider Remote app, but it's not as easy. I just replied to your other post about a clean tone. You might trade your V20 for a V30 which will probably meet your needs better.