Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with DT25

Joyinc

Okay, I just bought a DT25 to run with my Helix. I did so to get a variety of options and have tubes pushing the power amp section of my rig. I am running it in 4CM and the Helix tones are as expected and tight. When I create a patch with the DT in the mix I am having issues on the effects at the back side of the amp. All my effects before the amp (Phase, Flanger, ETC) work great but my delays and reverb effects after the amp are not. YES they are turned on and I have played with the volume and control settings on the effect to no avail... Any thoughts????

7 hours ago, Joyinc said:

Okay, I just bought a DT25 to run with my Helix. I did so to get a variety of options and have tubes pushing the power amp section of my rig. I am running it in 4CM and the Helix tones are as expected and tight. When I create a patch with the DT in the mix I am having issues on the effects at the back side of the amp. All my effects before the amp (Phase, Flanger, ETC) work great but my delays and reverb effects after the amp are not. YES they are turned on and I have played with the volume and control settings on the effect to no avail... Any thoughts????

OK- You have the left "mono" out of Helix going into the RTN of the DT-25, and the send from Helix (set to instrument lvl) going into the guitar input of the DT-25, and the "send" on the DT-25 going back to the RTN of Helix, right? So you hear the FX before, but not after the amp? Are you seeing the FX "after" the amp turned on in the editor? Are the blocks on the same path/line in the editor? 

Thanks for your response... I had checked all of the settings and was still having issues. I decided to look into my connections and found a faulty 1/4" on my return cable to the amp. Problem was simple had I look at that first but in 20 plus years of this stuff I have only had maybe one cable fail on me... I consider this USER ERROR..

Thanks