Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tom Scholtz Hyperspace pedal in Helix - my formula

DarthHollis

I was not the first to do this but I thought some people might be interested. 

Hyperspace Pedal Formula for Helix - Transistor Tape Delay best used in front of the amp. Expression Pedal will control Time, Feedback and Mix. Time (Toe - 50ms / Heal - 600ms), Feedback (Toe - 100% / Heal - 0%), Wow/Fletter - 3.6, Mix (Toe - 100% / Heal 0%), everything else leave the same and I highly recommend leaving Trails Off. Make sure you save the patch or snapshot in heal down. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2018 at 4:09 PM, DarthHollis said:

I was not the first to do this but I thought some people might be interested. 

Hyperspace Pedal Formula for Helix - Transistor Tape Delay best used in front of the amp. Expression Pedal will control Time, Feedback and Mix. Time (Toe - 50ms / Heal - 600ms), Feedback (Toe - 100% / Heal - 0%), Wow/Fletter - 3.6, Mix (Toe - 100% / Heal 0%), everything else leave the same and I highly recommend leaving Trails Off. Make sure you save the patch or snapshot in heal down. Enjoy!

Thanks for the settings! Just curious, why do you recommend Trails = "Off"? Does it sound out of control when you switch snapshots?

One thing I've done is I have a JTV Variax so I have the tone knob on my JTV Variax control the feedback. My delay time is set at 28ms-508ms, controlled by the expression pedal. The feedback I have going from , 39%-100% with my mix set at 67%. I haven't really done a lot of tweaking but the tone knob lets me simulate it a little better since both delay and feedback are controlled seperately in the real thing.

If you switch snapshots with trails on you may get uncontrollable noise.  That's why I also suggest keeping it in front of the amp.  The amp works as a compressor/limiter and keeps the delay from going crazy.  If you put it after the amp the delay feedback could cause digital distortion.