Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I've lost all my Pod HD Pro presets

sevm

I used to think how much it would suck if they all went missing. If there was some kind of harddrive/computer failure or whatever. Well they're all gone now and it sucks more than i tought. It was a collection i've built from scratch over several years of playing and recording. Lead, rythm, clean, bass. There was quite a few.

Despite always being very cautious for several years. Having them on an external drive, i managed to screw up and delete/replace them. I don't know exactly how but my guess is i accidentally replaced them whilst updating my backupfolder on my external drive with a folder without them in it. Or something like that...

I have tried deep-scanning with several recovery softwares: Recuva, getdataback, stellar phoenix windows data recovery, and they're all great for finding files. However they seem to find everything except .hre files. I've even found old .l6t files on the drive, along with several other random old files, but no hd pro presets. I tought maybe they didn't show because they were overwritten? So i made some new presets and deleted them, then scanned, but not one single .hre showed up during the scan. Why is that? I also read about creating a restore point. But i have no system backup as it is so i guess it's impossible doing something like that.

This post is my last desperate attempt at finding them again. I already know it's over and i gotta accept it i guess. But i figured i might just ask here before starting over.

You could try a disk recovery service. Their tools are really low level and for a working drive, generally much cheaper...The important thing if you go that route is to stop using the drive ASAP...If the files are there and you write more data, they will get overwritten at some point...If you overwrote the folder during a bulk copy, then that might have happened already...Really hard to know. Good luck

Just curious, what could a recovery service do that i wouldn't be able to do myself? Do they have superior recovery software or just know hows that might help?

I'm not using the disk. They were all stored on a 2TB external drive. I had them on the D-drive on my PC as well. When changing the folder on the external from my PC, i guess they were overwritten.

No drive failure. It's working well. What makes me not want to give up just yet is: no recovery software has shown me any .hre file whatsoever, so they might be there, only that particular file type don't get picked up. I don't know what software will tough, if any.

If there's no hard drive failure than a Search in Windows File Explorer for *.hre should find them.  I still don't understand what exactly happened.  Sounds like you had them on your local drive AND an external backup drive.  If that's the case then how in the hell did you blow away both copies ?  What kind of crappy lollipop backup software would do that ?