Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Legacy 300 and Helix working together

roccolapenta

I have a Variax 300 and a Helix. Can anyone tell me if the Helix is capable of saving the guitar and the 5 way toggle setting when I make a patch that I like. I would like to know if there is a way when recalling that patch that it will automatically go to the guitar and the 5 way setting I was at no matter if my selector and 5 way are set to something totally different. I would really appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance, Rocco

Officially, Helix does not support any Variax older than the JTV. Unofficially I have found that Helix is able to successfully store and recall V300 models and pickup switch positions. However the communication seems to be one way. You must use Helix to make the Variax model and pisckup selectoins. Helix does not properly recognize the settings when they are made manually on the Variax.