Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to get Scribble Strips to invert to white

vinnykeenan

In Globals/Preferences, if you have PRESET MODE SWITCHES set to 8 Presets or any combination of Presets and Snapshots or Stomps, when you switch to PRESET MODE the currently selected preset will appear on a white background. See Manual Page 10 "Preset Footswitch Mode" point 1.

Thanks GH,

I now know why I cant cant them to light up. As I find the pause between presets annoying, I use the bottom section of switches as snapshots, and the top as stomps. It seems the strips only invert with a preset. 

It's perhaps something Line 6 could look into as a future update.

Thanks again for your help.

Vinny@V.K.G.

8 hours ago, vinnykeenan said:

Thanks GH,

I now know why I cant cant them to light up. As I find the pause between presets annoying, I use the bottom section of switches as snapshots, and the top as stomps. It seems the strips only invert with a preset. 

Vinny@V.K.G.

If it's important to you, enter a feature request on Ideascale. However, I can't see why this would be a useful feature. Can you explain?

8 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If it's important to you, enter a feature request on Ideascale. However, I can't see why this would be a useful feature. Can you explain?

No Problem, this is how I see it but it is only my opinion.

The one negative I have with regards to Helix is the drop or loss of signal when changing between patches. Any other FX processor I have owned has that problem sussed. The only way to avoid it that I have found is by setting up a whole preset with everything I need i.e. clean and dirty amps, fx and so on, then utilise the snapshots feature to change between amps without a pause or drop in signal. The only downside about that for me however is ...no inverted scribble strip to see at a glance where I am.

It's a small thing I know, but IMO it would be beneficial.

Vinny.  

If this would help see the scribble strips when playing a festival outside on a sunny day.... That would be beautiful!

They are relatively useless on a sunny day. If its bright enough out I need to use my hand as shade just to confirm the unit is powered on.

6 minutes ago, jmp22684 said:

If this would help see the scribble strips when playing a festival outside on a sunny day.... That would be beautiful!

They are relatively useless on a sunny day. If its bright enough out I need to use my hand as shade just to confirm the unit is powered on.

I live in Scotland where it always rains so sunny days aint really an issue ;  ) 

59 minutes ago, vinnykeenan said:

No Problem, this is how I see it but it is only my opinion.

The one negative I have with regards to Helix is the drop or loss of signal when changing between patches. Any other FX processor I have owned has that problem sussed. The only way to avoid it that I have found is by setting up a whole preset with everything I need i.e. clean and dirty amps, fx and so on, then utilise the snapshots feature to change between amps without a pause or drop in signal. The only downside about that for me however is ...no inverted scribble strip to see at a glance where I am.

It's a small thing I know, but IMO it would be beneficial.

Vinny.  

I still don't get it. You always know what Snapshot you're in because the ring around the button is lit. What am I not getting?

11 hours ago, vinnykeenan said:

Thanks GH,

Vinny@V.K.G.

I have found that I quickly got used to looking at the active LED footswitch to indicate which snapshot is active. Also you will notice that the numbered circle inside the camera icon inverts to white on the active snapshot. While perhaps not as blatant as an all white background it is an additional cue along with the LED ring as to which snapshot you are using. I have seen other comments on the forum before regarding inverting the background so you may find an entry in Ideascale for this or as has been suggested you could create one. I could see it being a useful additional visual cue as to which snapshot is active although I doubt it will rank highly on the developers to-do list.