Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effects setting/type help

themetallikid

So, I've long tried and failed to get the right effect sound for the slight portion of the riff that is used in the No Doubt song "Just A Girl".  I can't quite pick out what type of effect it is for sure (my first problem) but even trying various effects...I cannot get something close to it. 

I know I can program a momentary switch to turn it on and off with the riff as I play, that part I have down easy....

Any help on this effect?

4 hours ago, themetallikid said:

So, I've long tried and failed to get the right effect sound for the slight portion of the riff that is used in the No Doubt song "Just A Girl".  I can't quite pick out what type of effect it is for sure (my first problem) but even trying various effects...I cannot get something close to it. 

I know I can program a momentary switch to turn it on and off with the riff as I play, that part I have down easy....

Any help on this effect?

Hi,

To me, it seems to have that Bon Jovi voice box gargle to it, have a look at the long live version on UChoob.

I suggest you have a play around in the Legacy Effects section, check out the filters, especially Obi Wah, V-Tron and Voicebox.

There must be something to get you close using one of them in your patch.

Oh, yeah, I think you may need a flanger on there also.

Good luck.